Appeal Dates & Information
If you have not been offered a place at Ashmole Primary School the law entitles you to appeal against that decision to an Independent Appeal Panel. This panel is completely independent of the school and the Local Authority. Until further notice, these appeals are held online using Zoom Video conferencing or you can opt to join the hearing by telephone.
The closing date for appeals is 20 school days after the refusal letter.
If you wish to appeal you need to use the online form. Please do NOT use ANY other appeal form. We would suggest that you download or read online the 36 page explanatory booklet about appeals before you complete the appeal form. Once your form is submitted online, you should receive a confirmation e mail within 5 minutes. If you do not, please e mail email@example.com
You MUST give the grounds for your appeal at the time you lodge your appeal form. Your appeal form will not be accepted unless you state the grounds for your appeal. Any evidence or supporting material can be uploaded, but the online form will only accept, word, PDF and JPEG documents. You may appeal for more than one school.
The ‘in year’ timetable for appeals is as follows: -
- Appeals are heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
- You will normally be given 10 school days notice of the hearing, but parents have the option to waive this right.
- The school’s prejudice to education case is normally sent about a week before the hearing.
- Five copies of any additional information must be posted to the Clerk at least 5 school days before the hearing. (Clerk to IAP, PO Box 367, Cuffley, Herts, EN6 4XZ)
- Usually parents receive the panel’s decision letter 5 school days after the hearing.
APPEALS BOOKLET click here
APPEAL FORM click here
APPEAL FORM for RECEPTION, YEAR 1 and YEAR 2 only click here