Skip to content ↓

Primary School

How do I report a concern? 

If you have any concerns about the safety or welfare of a child please contact the school immediately and clearly state that your call relates to a potential safeguarding issue, or if you prefer please send an email into the school, clearly marked for the attention of the Designated Safeguarding Lead.  You can also approach any member of the Child Protection Team and explain that you are concerned for the safety of a child. If your concerns are outside of School hours or during the school holidays, please contact the police through 101. If a child is in imminent danger then please dial 999 for the Police.

What will happen next? 

The concern will be logged with the Child Protection Team. You may be asked to fill in a concern form and speak with a member of the team.  

What does the Child Protection Team do with my concern? 

The Child Protection Team take all concerns extremely seriously and the course of action taken can vary depending on the report made. Sometimes concerns can be explained and resolved by talking with the child or the parents. Sometimes children will be actively monitored for further concerns. More serious concerns may be passed on to the MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub) or even the police.

How will I know that my concern has been followed up? 

Although the team will not be able to discuss details with you (due to confidentiality), they will be happy to let you know that it is being dealt with. 

Will people know it was me that raised the concern? 

Staff will try to ensure confidentiality for you however confidentiality cannot be 100% guaranteed. The first concern is, and always will be, the safety of the child.